Brant Oswald offers expert guiding and instruction on the trout waters near Livingston, Montana
What sets me apart from other outfitters?
- Experience: 30+ years as a guide and fly casting / fly fishing instructor
- Teaching ability: schools, classes, and instructional guided trips
- Communication skills: clinics and professional programs for fishing clubs and shows
- Specializing in “hatch-based” fishing on Montana’s spring creeks and tailwaters
- Intellectual, thoughtful approach to angling
- A complete experience: fishing, Montana scenery, birds and wildlife, good conversation and good food
I am a teacher at heart, and my job is to share the knowledge I’ve gained over a lifetime of fishing and teaching, whether in a class or on the water with a guide client. I share my love for spring creeks and sight fishing with my clients on the well-known spring creeks of the Yellowstone’s Paradise Valley – Armstrong, Nelson’s, and DePuy’s. Floating the Yellowstone gives anglers a chance to fish a big freestone river and see local wildlife and learn local history.
If you would like more formal instruction, consider joining me for a class or clinic. If your booking requires additional guides, I’ll make sure they meet my standards of expertise, teaching ability, and good humor.
To get better feel for my and my services, take a look around the site. Reading a few articles or checking my ‘News’ page listed under Articles might give you a better sense of my approach to fishing and guiding. Or just contact me directly if you have questions or want to discuss a class or guided trip.